The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) offers an internationally recognized accreditation program for proficiency testing providers throughout Canada. Proficiency testing providers are organizations which take responsibility for all aspects of the development and operation of proficiency testing laboratories.
Requirements for SCC’s Accreditation Program for proficiency testing providers are defined in?ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity assessment — General requirements for proficiency testing.
Accredited proficiency testing providers produce proficiency testing samples which compare results from similar testing laboratories allowing laboratories to:
- Assess and demonstrate the reliability of the data they produce
- Identify areas where improvement in their testing and measurement methods is needed
- Identify further training needs of staff
- Foster confidence in the performance of their testing and measurements
- Assure laboratory competence and confidence in results